viernes, 27 de julio de 2012

EPIC 5, a dream

Hi all,

I want to thank you all for your continued support. I noticed that I am not alone in my adventures. We are hundreds of people together, every time I wear my running shoes, every time I get on my bike or every time I jump into the water. Without your presence, without your support, without all the encouragement, without your stories, none of this would make sense.


 I've realized that the true meaning of this is to share, we are all a great team and my adventures, my defeats, my victories are yours as much as mine.

Thanks for being the tireless source of inspiration and energy that motivates me every day to move forward, to stand up and go a little further along this path.

I was one of five selected athletes this year to run one of the toughest endurance events in the world, the EPIC5 (3.8K swim + 180k bike + 42k run, every day for five days in five different islands of Hawaii) and for this I have been training hard as ever. This has not be an easy task, the fact of being working in a PhD thesis and the hard and long training at the same time, has been possible only because of you, your support and your help.
The initial joy of being a future EPIC5 athlete, over time slowly began to transform into impotence when I started to get constant denials of support in each door that I knocked (enterprises). Unfortunately, it is not possible to finance this journey with my scholarship only,  and I did not want to accept help from those that have proposed it to me so sincerely, thinking  that any help that I could receive would be certainly better spent on helping achieve your goals. Yesterday, I realized everything I said before. We are a team, every time I fall you are there and I have denied you the possibility of joining me on the biggest sporting adventure of my life so far.

That is why, not without difficulty, we have created the opportunity to participate in this through donations. The goal is huge (4500 euros). We will continue to tirelessly talking to companies, but now, if you want to be part of it, you will be able to do it. The link is the following

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LWLD237LNPRHY

We will create a T-shirt for the race with a photo of each person who has contributed or at least with your names, so please once you made the donation send me an email with your name and a photograph. If you agree, I will also give thanks in my blog, facebook and tweeter, and I will also keep you informed about my preparation and about how is the race going. If everything goes well, after the race I will publish a video with the best moments and it will give me another opportunity to thank you.


Thank you very much everyone for participating in this. A big hug, enjoy!
 
Sebastián

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario